California Nevada Earthquake 6.5 | Lucky Again?
Perhaps we were Lucky Again !….
This recent 6.5 magnitude earthquake was centered near Tonopah, it was Nevada’s largest earthquake in 66 years. Although it was felt across 3 states, luckily, it was in a remote area causing little damage.
As an example, the HayWired study, conducted by the USGS, studied the impact of a 7.0 earthquake on the Hayward fault which was estimated to cause:
- Over $85 billion in property damage and business disruption losses.
- Displacement of over 100,000 households.
- Buildings in Oakland & San Francisco unusable for as long as 10 months.
It concludes that the threat is real and and could happen at any time.
Don’t risk your home. Protect your investment with industry leading earthquake coverage.
HDA Insurance’s earthquake programs offer the broadest coverage in the industry including:
- Coverage for masonry veneer, chimneys, etc.
- Coverage for detached garages, driveways, patios, walkways, retaining walls and swimming pools.
- The highest loss of use limits available with no annual limitation
- All with deductibles ranging from 25% to as low as 2.5%
The most at risk homeowners would be those with a respectable equity position in their homes or those who do not have a mortgage. Coverage can be fully customized; thus, you only buy the coverage you wish without being compelled to a package of items you don’t care for.
Contact us for information with a customized plan for your home today!